Lightstone Capital is a real estate debt platform that originates senior, mezzanine and preferred equity loans on all property assets within the U.S. Launched by the Lightstone Group in 2018, Lightstone Capital boasts over $500 million of discretionary capital to provide borrowers with flexible and immediate financing for opportunities outside the traditional real estate lending landscape. To date, Lightstone Capital has leveraged over $10 billion of commercial real estate transactions tailored to meet each borrower’s unique circumstance. Lightstone has the ability to close in as few as five days with interest-only loans, non-recourse options and pre-payment flexibility.
High-Level Lending Parameters
- Senior bridge loans: $5-10 million
- Loan financing: $5-25 million
- Mezzanine and preferred equity: $5-25 million
- Senior bridge loans: LTV up to 75%, LTC up to 80%
- Loan financing: LTV up to 65%, LTC up to 85%
- Mezzanine and preferred equity: LTV up to 75%, LTC up to 90%
Lending Terms: Up to 3 years + extensions
- Senior bridge loans: starting at 5%
- Loan financing: starting at 5%
- Mezzanine and preferred equity: starting at 9%
Markets: U.S. national
Asset Classes: Property type agnostic (Industrial, condo, mixed-use, retail, office and specialty use)
- Multifamily Development: Lightstone Capital recently refinanced a downtown Santa Monica residential development site with a $44 million senior bridge loan. The site houses both market-rate and affordable housing with some allocated retail space.
- Commercial Refinancing: Lightstone Capital provided a completed property with a $42.7 million senior loan in Jersey City, NJ. The loan refinanced existing construction on the boutique commercial space with flexibility for the sponsor to lease the property before acquiring permanent financing.
- Mixed-Use Construction: Lightstone Capital provided a $13 million senior bridge loan within six business days to a borrower in Queens, NY to complete construction on a mixed-use lot. The property contains space for commercial and residential use and was 90% complete at time of closing.